Tipton County Violent Crimes Attorneys
Violent crime encompasses many different offenses. However, no matter what you have been charged with, you can trust our dynamic team of attorneys at Huffman Mason Raynor Stowers Attorneys to bring our individual perspectives to your case and strategize a strong defense to lower your penalties to a minimum and help you retain as many of your rights after conviction as possible.
Contact us to get started on your defense today.
Types of Violent Crimes
Tennessee state law defines violent crime as any offense in which the alleged perpetrator has physically harmed or threatened to harm another person or their property. Types of violent crimes include sexual assault/rape, assault/battery, domestic violence, and murder.
Assault involves intentional injury, physical contact, or infliction of fear or threat of bodily injury on another person. To charge you with assault, the prosecution must prove that you:
- Intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly caused bodily injury to another
- Intentionally or knowingly caused another to reasonably fear imminent bodily injury
- Intentionally or knowingly caused physical contact with another that a reasonable person would regard as extremely offensive or provocative
Domestic violence is a category of assault committed against someone who is a:
- Current or former spouse
- Dating or sexual partner
- Blood or adoptive relative
- Current or former relative by marriage
- Adult or minor child of any of the above individuals
Tennessee law defines first degree murder as one of three types:
- The premeditated and intentional killing of another person
- A killing while committing or attempting any other first-degree murder, burglary, theft, kidnapping, rape
- A killing committed by use of a bomb
On the other hand, second degree murder is generally defined as intentional murder that lacks premeditation, is intended to only cause bodily harm, and demonstrates an extreme indifference to human life.
Contact Our Violent Crimes Attorneys Today: (901) 295-0100
If you have been charged with committing a violent crime, seek legal representation immediately. Our team at Huffman Mason Raynor Stowers Attorneys brings a fresh and innovative perspective to your case and can build an aggressive defense strategy on your behalf.